Animal & Veterinary
The Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) produced a nine-minute animation explaining how antimicrobial resistance both emerges and proliferates among bacteria. Over time, the use of antimicrobial drugs will result in the development of resistant strains of bacteria, complicating clinician's efforts to select the appropriate antimicrobial for treatment. Accordingly, efforts are underway in both veterinary and human medicine to preserve the effectiveness of these drugs.
One of the major obstacles to understanding the issue of antimicrobial resistance is that the subject material appears abstract and is complex. This video was designed to make the concept of antimicrobial resistance more real and understandable to veterinarians, livestock producers, lawmakers, consumer representatives and other key audiences. We hope this animation will make the concept more understandable to non-scientists by showing how bacterial antimicrobial resistance can develop and spread.
All FDA CVM produced material may be copied, reproduced, and distributed as long as FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine is cited as the corporate author.
- Animation of Antimicrobial Resistance (video)
- Animation of Antimicrobial Resistance (text version)
- Slip Pumps Pointed heel Classic Heels RedPatent 12CM Women's Pumps on Eldof Toe Office High xXqFUXY8
- Chinese Translation of Animation of Antimicrobial Resistance Merrell Terran Ari Black Women's Slide qS1TnqrR
- French Translation of Animation of Antimicrobial Resistance
- Portuguese Translation of Animation of Antimicrobial Resistance
- HXM00N0AI40B2A28G3 Sneakers Hogan Blue Men's Suede 4XnwI5Aq
- Spanish Translation of Animation of Antimicrobial Resistance